|Exhibitions/Events||-2007 Residency at The Contemporary Art Centre: CAT'ART . Ste Colombe sur l'Hers. FRANCE. Working on new encaustics works.|
-2006 Summer research work in the south-ouest of France : old places and their secret lives.
-2006 AMERICAN JURIED SALON SUMMER
-2006 Juried in National American Art Salon
-2006 Trevisan Arte : "horizons"Florence, It. March 18th
-2005 Castillo di Ferrara: 'Landscapes' curated by Paola Trevisan
Oct.29- Nov 6.
- 2005 FLORENCE BIENNALE 2005. Nominated artist. December 3- 11.
- 2005 SHANGHAI Jan20-Feb12.
EASTLINK GALLERY,50 Moganshan Lu. Building 6. 5th Floor 200060 Shanghai
P.R. China with Gallery GORA, MONTREAL, Canada
- 2004 - CRISOLART Galleries with the Latin American Museum , Miami
Mallorca, 284, Barcelona Spain,
June 18th to July 1rst : Homage to DALI
- 2004 WALTER WICKISER GALLERY 568 BROADWAY, NY, NY 10012
SUMMER SHOW -
- LATIN AMERICAN MUSEUM, Miami Florida :WOMEN IN THE ARTS 2004,
March 2004. Exhibited "Mermaid". Awarded Honoray Mention.
- 2004 ART MIAMI 2004 January 7 - 11th with Gallery GORA, from
- 2003 Gallery GORA , 460 Ste Catherine Ouest, Suite 305, MONTREAL, CANADA. November 18 - De 6th: Encaustics.
"Busutil's work is the interrelation of organic components
sanctioning the psychological reception of nature.
This harmonious marriage of color and fundamental elements
triggers diverse sensations, transforming each observer into
- 2003 Gallery SKLO - oct 28-Dec 30th
75 Bennett street, TULA ART CENTRE
ATLANTA, Georgia. Tel: 404-350-9763
New oil glazes and encaustics.
- 2003 Gallery Design 360, Savannah , GA June 28 - December 30th
108 E Liberty street.
- 2003 Ickenox International Art Group Exhibition at the Atrium
Gallery , LONDON, UK October 6-12. THE WHITELEYS SHOPPING
CENTRE, top floor.
Busutil's Encaustics : NATURE IN MOTION
- 2001 Walter Wickiser Gallery, New York, NY Jan 2nd to Feb 1rst.
Catalogue: 'Recent Paintings'
- 2000 The French Embassy, Washington DC: 'The Power of Colors'
- 1999 Walter wickiser Gallery, New York, NY, January:
Catalogue: 'The Wandering Trees'
- 1997 Walter wickiser Gallery New York, NY, January: 'New Work'
- 1997 Saks Fifth Avenue: Bridget Busutil: 'The Ace Basin'
- 1997 The Lighthouse Gallery : Tequesta, Fl.
- 1978 Universite Paris-Est: Paris, France : 'Paysages'
- 2000 Walter Wickiser Gallery, New York, NY- January:
'Artists of the Third Millennium'
|Galleries/Agents||Walter Wickiser, NYC, NY|
Gallery Gora, Montreal, Canada.
Normally US resident. Fort Lauderdale Fl.
|Education||BA studio arts|
MA and PhD Art and literature.
|Date of birth||06.08.1951||Why make art?||what is my way of being an artist?
A nomadic journey.
I feel it as a journey which started in Haiphong to go to the US through a long nomadic rootless life: aesthetic, spiritual and very personal to be shared with others. I had to sort out my own aesthetics out the numerous cultures that I travelled while integrating as much as I could the visual, the feelings, the shocks, in short the human.